Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What Have I Been Doing to Myself?!

I'm a bit of a mess.

I'm this *fingertips* close to getting myself flunked out of university. My vocabulary has been atrocious. I've lost most of my revision notes and everytime I think of my extended essay due in three months, hardly researched and hardly a clue, I have to take another propranolol to stop myself having a full blown anxiety attack.

I also had sex with a guy. Without a condom, because I don't seem to give a shit. Dissociation rocks. At least it guarantees you regular sex. I've tried my best to move away from this one of my many forms of self-destruction.

But I've also done good things. I went to Egypt on a journalist expedition as a SPEAKER, at an international youth peace conference, and people were listening to me and asking questions. They wanted me to work with them on projects and I was somewhat awesome. The week was marred a little by the monster spiders and the hotel worker who tried to rape me (...trying to push me onto the bed, "it will only take 5 minutes..."), but otherwise the highlight of my year.

And I'm a real radical feminist. The good kind, I don't have vaginas wallpapered everywhere, that would be gross and go against the contract I've got with my landlord (I now live in a house in Manchester with three girls including a raving homophobic Catholic). No, I work on the magazine we're trying to restart - I have creative control - I get to write. And the whole dizzying brilliance of it all almost gives me a panic attack.

I've also found myself with an addiction to Doctor Who, Torchwood and a fist-sized crush on David Tenant and John Barrowman. I'm still a lesbian. At least it feels right and solid and frisky and proper when I'm with a woman than all the nervous sexual energy and the inherent beautiful wrongness than when I kiss a guy.

And in-between? I discovered foreign films, facebook, Rilo Kiley, New Order, Talking Heads and even more Regina Spektor songs. I found refuge in Bob Dylan, Kate Nash and Adele. I saw my friends, family and my mother. I had a good christmas and new year. And I'm trying to find my friends again, despite the dissociation, but because of it as well because I don't want to scurry away from my friends anymore than I have already. I'm talking about friends I actually like. Who's going to come to my 20th birthday this year? Being 19th 1/2 is no great shakes. And I'm mostly sorry to Lioness and Dana for neglecting them and allowing them to forget all about me. I'm sorry for all the chances I purposely missed last year because they could have made my life better.

And I'm hoping to start again.

6 comments:

Hull Aphrodite said...

Pretty inspiring stuff!
I'm proud of you, for so many reasons.
For admitting all the shit that's happened, but for accepting it as shit that's happened that won't unhappen.
And for knowing that nothing is beyond redemption.
I absolutely love you.
HA xxx

AKASA said...

Hello.
If your life is still very difficult,perhaps I can help.
If you're interested,E-Mail me at AKASA@caribiskalneisland.com
If you have msn,yahoo or icq messenger,send me your user name (or icq number).
I hope to hear from you.

Arslan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myfordbenefits said...

US Independence Day Celebration at Redfort
US INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION AT OFFICE 2018
happy independence day quotes
US Independence Day Wallpaper| 4th July Wallpaper 2018
US Independence Day Celebration 2018
US 4TH OF JULY INDEPENDENCE DAY SMS 2018
America celebrates fourth of july with parties,parades and lots of hot dogs

Unknown said...

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks Movies 2017 hollywood

petvet said...

I can see this in your article. You have a way of writing compelling information that sparks much interest.
When visiting blogs, i usually discover a very good content like yours

Read More: German shepherd husky mix